A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued for the following counties until 4pm. Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia. This afternoon a strong to severe thunderstorms are possible with gusty winds and hail.
This afternoon gusty thunderstorms are possible. Some of these storms could be severe with the primary hazard being damaging wind gusts. A wind advisory is in effect until 5pm. The Storm Prediction Center has a 60% chance of a severe weather alert being issued within the next hour or two for the area.
WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 5 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON... * WHAT...West winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected. * WHERE...Portions of central, northern, northwest, and southern New Jersey, east central, northeast, and southeast Pennsylvania, northeast Maryland, and northern Delaware. * WHEN...From noon today to 5 PM EDT this afternoon. * IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down, and a few power outages may result. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
* WHAT…Up to one half foot of inundation above ground level expected in low-lying areas near shorelines and tidal waterways.
* WHERE…The tidal Delaware River down to the Commodore Barry Bridge area.
* WHEN…From 9 AM to 2 PM EDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding is possible in Bristol Pennsylvania, south Trenton, Hamilton Township, Burlington City, and Delran in New Jersey, and other locations near the Delaware River and its tributaries. In Philadelphia, roadway flooding is possible along Columbus Boulevard near the Ben Franklin Bridge. In Delaware County, flooding is possible in Tinicum Township. In Gloucester and Camden Counties, roadway flooding is possible in Camden, West Deptford Township, Gloucester City, and other locations near the Delaware River and its tributaries.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Minor tidal flooding may occur with subsequent high tides on Saturday and Sunday.
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some road closures. Usually, the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to costly repairs.
Visit the Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service at water.weather.gov/ahps for additional water level and flood impact information for your local tide gauge.