FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EDT
* WHAT...For the Freeze Warning, sub-freezing temperatures as low as 31 degrees expected. For the Wind Advisory, northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* WHERE...In New Jersey, Mercer. In Pennsylvania, Eastern
Chester, Eastern Montgomery and Lower Bucks. In Maryland,
* WHEN...For the Freeze Warning, from midnight tonight to 9 AM EDT Saturday. For the Wind Advisory, until 7 PM EDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. Sub-freezing temperatures could damage or kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold.
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a * Severe Thunderstorm Warning
* Until 145 PM EDT.
* At 100 PM EDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from near Bloomsbury to near Fricks to Marshallton, moving east at 45 mph.
HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and penny size hail.
IMPACT...Damage to roofs, siding, trees, and power lines is possible.
* Locations impacted include...
Philadelphia, Trenton, West Chester, Somerville, Bensalem,
Bridgewater, Ewing, Norristown, Chester, Phoenixville, Lansdale, West Norriton, Middlesex, East Norriton, Princeton, Yeadon, Westtown, Bound Brook, Manville and Perkasie.
People attending Covid-19 Drive through testing should seek safe shelter immediately!
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued for the following counties until 4pm.
Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia.
This afternoon a strong to severe thunderstorms are possible with gusty winds and hail.
This afternoon gusty thunderstorms are possible. Some of these storms could be severe with the primary hazard being damaging wind gusts. A wind advisory is in effect until 5pm. The Storm Prediction Center has a 60% chance of a severe weather alert being issued within the next hour or two for the area.
WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 5 PM EDT
* WHAT...West winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
* WHERE...Portions of central, northern, northwest, and southern New Jersey, east central, northeast, and southeast
Pennsylvania, northeast Maryland, and northern Delaware.
* WHEN...From noon today to 5 PM EDT this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down, and a few power outages may result.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 2 PM EDT
* WHAT…Up to one half foot of inundation above ground level
expected in low-lying areas near shorelines and tidal
* WHERE…The tidal Delaware River down to the Commodore Barry
* WHEN…From 9 AM to 2 PM EDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding is possible in Bristol Pennsylvania,
south Trenton, Hamilton Township, Burlington City, and Delran
in New Jersey, and other locations near the Delaware River and
its tributaries. In Philadelphia, roadway flooding is possible
along Columbus Boulevard near the Ben Franklin Bridge. In
Delaware County, flooding is possible in Tinicum Township. In
Gloucester and Camden Counties, roadway flooding is possible
in Camden, West Deptford Township, Gloucester City, and other
locations near the Delaware River and its tributaries.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Minor tidal flooding may occur with
subsequent high tides on Saturday and Sunday.
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some road
closures. Usually, the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to
Visit the Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service at
water.weather.gov/ahps for additional water level and flood
impact information for your local tide gauge.